Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Migrant watch- the new season begins.


The kestrels are all over the place here in Mysore. The week before last I had my first Kestrel sighting outside Infosys Mysore- it was a lady soaring high over the outer wall. And that saturday I roamed about the outskirts of Mysore and saw a couple of them. Couldnt make a decent shot though. But in the evening, in the golden light, I did manage to get hold of one of them!
I would have managed a better shot, had the sun not have hidden himself behind a cloud a minute earlier. This lady was sitting on a log, and we got our car parallel to her at about 3 meters from here. The shots were comign out blurred as the engine was idling and there was no direct sunlight. I asked Nikhil to switch off the engine. But as he switched it off, the car gave a beep and unlocked the doors- hearing which she got startled and flew off! Bad luck!!!
Copyright Sandeep Somasekharan, 2009

2 comments:

  1. Hey you should look up www.migrantwatch.in and report your first sighting. Check out the blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Uttara, I have already reported this :)

    ReplyDelete